Mar 2016 - Present, Cookpad Inc.
Site Reliability Engineer
In Cookpad, Site Reliability Engineers are a hybrid between system engineers and software engineers who are responsible for and who take ownership of reliability, automation, and scalability. We focus on the systems and tools that enable our engineers to operate and scale the largest recipe sharing community in the world.
As a SRE, I build high performance and scalable systems with AWS and software. I work closely with engineers to advocate sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues. In the case of incidents, I triage, mitigate and solve them with product team engineers.
- Build highly available, performant and scalable service infrastructure with AWS
- Design, develop and implement software that improves the stability, scalability, availability and latency of Cookpad.
- Solve problems occurring with our highly available production systems and build solutions and automation to prevent them from happening again
- Participate in the operations on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
- Contribute to internal tools that help us improve our operations processes, manage our infrastructure, and scale our systems
- Engage with product engineering teams to triage production outages and carry forward action items to improve ongoing reliability
- Undertake measured, methodical, troubleshooting of complicated systems under pressure
Apr 2013 - Feb 2016, NTT Communications
Cloud Platform Engineer
- Development of Security technologies and appliances test ecosystem
- Development of OpenStack-based IaaS for flexible development and verification environment for security technologies and appliances
- Development of virtual companies and automatic attacking system
- Development of malware libraries using Web technology and search engine
- Development of malware clustering and selection method based on dynamic analysis
- Development of VMWare-based IaaS as a company-wide development environment
- Developed and operated IaaS based on VMWare technologies(ESXi & vCenter & vCloud Director) as a company-wide development environment.
- Operation of NOC & SOC
- Operation and management of network appliances and servers of the development network(These network apps and servers are placed in several datacenters).
- Operation and management of security sensors to monitor and help ensure the security of internal networks.
Cyber Security Engineer
- Development of cyber security training program for all NTT groups
- Investigation of Israel cyber security technologies and training programs with other company members.
- Development of training courses, hands-on scenarios and environments for important security concepts(Web application, encryption, network).
- Teaching important security concepts based on developed materials and hands-on training.
- National project for APT Attack experiment
- Participated in the discussion of the design of Attack Detection System for Advanced Persistent Threat
- Developed a normal activity log generator whose logs and compared the logs with malicious activities.
Feb 2012 - Mar 2012, The Boston Consulting Group(BCG)
Joined the Boston Consulting Group internship program and experienced the life of a consultant through tackling the wide variety of challenges.
Jul 2010 - Mar 2013, JST ERATO
Minato Descreate Structure Manipulation System Project
Joined as a research assistant of JST ERATO Minato Discrete Structure Manipulation System Project and developed loss minimization method of large scale distriubution system with ZDD.
Apr 2010 - Apr 2011, NSOFT
Developed several iOS applications and translated UI texts from Korean to Japanese and English.(There was no Japanese people in NSOFT inc and I realized the importance English as a means of communication )